Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vocab #7


ad infinitum: infinity
The thought of ad infinitum gives me a headache.
 apportion: approval
* I need my moms approbation to get a piercing.
 bona fide: genuine 
 Romeos love for Juliet was bona fide.
buoyant: to keep afloat
* A boat must have bouyancy in order to float.
 clique:a small group of people who share the same interests
* You can find me with my clique in the Greek Theatre at lunch.
 concede:to admit
* i conceded to cheating on the test.
 congenial: pleasant personalities
* My friends are known to be verycongenial.
 lofty: proud
* My feelings towards my piano recital was lofty and content .
 migration: seasonal movement
* The ducks migrate every year.
 perceive: realization
 * After  studying the vocabulary it was easy for my to perceive the story of Young Goodman Brown.
 perverse: unacceptable behavior
*His manners were considered pervese at the resturant.
 prelude: introduction
 * Bach's perlude in C is a beautiful piano piece.
 rancid: unpleasent smell or taste
  * The milk became rancid
rustic: simplicity
 *The design of the house gave it a rusticcomplement.
 sever: break off
* She severed all ties with her mother after the abuse
 sordid: unethical
 * Murder is an unethical crime
 untenable: indefensible
 * His crimes were severely untenable 
 versatile: able to adapt
 * You have to be versatile to join the military 
 vindicate: defend or justify
 * She chose to vindicate her rights and start a petition 
 wane: decline
 *His grades began to wane as his study habits grew weaker

No comments:

Post a Comment